Historic Theatre Organizations
- League of Historic American Theatres
- Theatre Historical Society
- International Association of Venue Managers
- Irwin Seating – Theatre seating new and rehabilitation
- EverGreene Architectural Arts – Decorative finishes, plaster, paint, etc.
MINDING YOUR HISTORIC THEATRE DURING A PANDEMIC
With historic theatres currently dark due to COVID-19, and with furloughed staff and decreased funds to pay operating expenses, it’s critical to keep an eye on your most valuable asset–your building. HTC has created this checklist to use as you walk your theatre, ideally weekly, to make sure that you’re aware of potential problem areas. This list also serves as a good reminder of what to be looking for, even not during a pandemic.
If you have a dedicated maintenance staff, some of these things will already be common practice, but with many staff members doing extra duties outside of their usual routine, this list should be helpful. If your theatre has maintenance staff working during this downtime, other areas to review include: monitoring utility expenses to catch extra lights left on, temperature control, and an increase in water use. – Read more >